Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hey Shennantics, it's 2010!

Okay, so now that the holiday bruhaha is over and done with lets ring in the New Year the right way with a list of things to look forward to in this brand new decade:

6. Bamboozle <---- ( that would be Left)

The full line up, or any kind of line up for that matter, for this years Bamboozle Left hasn't been announced (yet!). But with headlining acts AFI March 27 and the reunion of Something Corporate March 28 so far it's shaping up to be pretty awesome. Tickets are on sale now for $42.50 for a single day but you might as well scrounge up the change and get a 2 day pass for $82.

5. Eclipse

Yes, total Twilight moment right now. I know, I know...I'm probably the only one on this site that cares. But Eclipse is my favorite story in the "saga" and I honestly hope to God that they stop here (who the heck wants to see Breaking Dawn with its stupid talk fight? The only reason I would want to see it is if they give Michael Sheen more screen time). Sadly there is going to be some incontinuity with the role of Victoria being played by Bryce Dallas Howard in this one. The movie will be in theaters June 30, so rejoice Twi-hards and Twi-haters alike (only one more year or so to go through 'til the whole fads over)

oh p.s. for all you Twi-haters out there, my sister coined a term for you all to use: Twi-tards. Have fun with that one.

4. Alice in Wonderland

For the creepy and fantastical, you can't get any better than Tim Burton. This version of story has Alice as a 17-year-old girl returning to Wonderland in order to face some kind of intended destiny to fight the Red Queen and end her reign of terror. All the key players are involved, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen and Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Even better and more exciting though is the fact that Crispin Glover (creepy goodness, and George McFly from the Back to the Future movies), Alan Rickman (Freaking Professor Snape, from Harry Potter naturally) and Michael Sheen (Underworld, New Moon, my new favorite actor) have a part in Burton's Wonderland as well! The movie is set to release March 5.

3. Doctor Who

Uh, hello...new doctor! While I will definately miss David Tennet as the Doctor but I'm excited for a new season. Matt Smith will play the eleventh doctor and the show will be on BBC America in the Spring (unless you find it online from England). Hopefully this will mean more Torchwood as well ^_^

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!

Even better than Twilight (and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise), the first part of Harry Potter's definitive Deathly Hallows, will be out this year. *Squee!* In Deathly Hallows, Harry begins his quest to defeat the dark wizard Lord Voldemort by dropping out of school and going camping. This is Harry's and the rest of the wizarding worlds last stand against the evil forces that have infected their government, as well as terrorizing thier towns and worst of all taking control Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Needless to say, I am thrilled.

1. My Chemical Romance's forthcoming album

Since seeing My Chem in action last summer at one of the two warm up shows @ The Roxy, there has been no doubt in my mind that the next album is going to be bigger and bolder than anything they've done before. With songs like "Death before Disco" and "Trans Am" My Chem has cut out all the theatrics and settled into being a down and dirty rock and roll band. Lead singer Gerard Way spoke to Spin Magazine saying of the new album, "If Black Parade was about the sweeping gesture, this is about the bold statement." The album doesn't have a title yet, but will be out sometime later this year.


Did I forget to mention something amazing happening in 2010? Tell me how brain missing I am in the comments and let me know what your excited about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment