Saturday, January 15, 2011

Already Janurary?


Happy New Year's Folks!

Hope you had a good one, and Shennantics is back in action, because I'm back "Like I forgot something."

So, where do we begin????

Well since the last time I posted, I saw that heady film trip of a movie, Arofonosky's "Black Swan" starring the very preggers Natalie Portman (it's already generating Golden Globe buzz stay tuned). In a Nutshell, the film was done with a lucid approach, and I don't want to give away too much but Portman's portrayal of a perfectionist-downward spiralling ballerina gave me chills. This is one of those films like the "Virgin Suicides," that sticks with female audiences for a while. Partly due to the fact that, so many women stuggling with body issues and pressure from every angle will find a little bit of themselves in Portman's fatal yet fragile Mina.

No comments:

Post a Comment