Friday, July 24, 2009

Everyday is Halloween (if you're at Comic Con)


The Art of Immersion Part 2: creepy goodness

Since I was jokingly dubbed the leading goth correspondent I think I should mention just how wonderful Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland looks (yeah I know, I'm totally a day late on mentioning this). Admittedly I originally didn't have high expectations for the project and I do hope that Tim Burton will forgive for losing faith.

Luckily (thanks to the moderator Patton Oswalt), I got to see the trailer not once, but three times so it's burned in my memory pretty good.

The oh so very short teaser trailer was filled with loved characters from the classic tale but as to be expected with a fantastic, sweetly spooky take. As per usual, my favorite but often overlooked part of any Burton film are the trees which look awesome. Add Burton's imaginary friend Johnny Depp to the mix and you have a very noxious combinations culminating to lots of sold out theaters coming 2010...not to mention all the new dreadful Hot Topic merchendise we'll be seeing unleashed upon the world and teenagers alike.

It's already online too; but ye be warned, it won't be the best quality since it was in 3D.

But tomorrow brings new life with the promise of Gerard Way and Roman Dirge panels, and you can bet you're entire Siouxie collection all be there!

Soundtrack: "Come Saturday" by The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment