Friday, July 24, 2009

"Funny thing happened on my way to Hall Hell"

Friday's Report


It's late as I blog this, but that's because I just got back from Angel of Death the Paul Etheridge assassin-shoot'em up blood fest that stars the awesome Zoe Bell (Death Proof). It was a late showing with a preliminary quick and easy Q&A panel ( I even got to pose a question to Bell) which was full of jokes from the lively cast as well as the full length screening of the movie. Anyone who likes "high octane" action should check this out, it doesn't have all the CGI eyecandy effects of some of the big budget films, but it's satisfying, not to mention it's great fun.

Moving on from the high octane, today was the day I spent most of my time in line or cruising for a panel to get into another panel. If you head over to Tim's blog, he can probably offer up an amazing review of the Warner Bros. panel, but for the most part the only thing I can sum up is The Box will definitely be worth seeing.

On that note if you plan on *ever* attending a panel in Hall H, (Hall Hell is more like it) keep in mind---you may want to show up the day before Black Friday just to secure your tent spot. Waiting in line is probably my next favorite activity to---next to nothing. Bring with you a sense of humor and an endless supply of junk food.

I managed to miss the G4 Attack of the Show panel, that line was c-r-a-z-y. It's sad to see a thousand people lined up and to realize that only a good third of that number is going to fit inside the actual room. My fangirl dreams of seeing Olivia Munn and Kevin Prereira up close? Denied.

Yet, when one Comic con door closes another is surprisingly just opening up. Instead of seeing AOTS, I decided to do something "artsy." Shameless promotional plug alert!! I draw in my spare time, and not to sound self-aggrandizing but I think I'm pretty good. Showing up to the CBLDF (Comic Book Legal Defense Fund) with Camille D'Errico (Nightmares & Fairy Tales), David Mack (Kabuki) and Amanda Palmer (Who Killed Amanda Palmer?) opened my eyes up to the unique experience of watching artists in action. Amazing stuff here, folks. Did you know? Camille D'Errico does her work in the glorious blue ink of a Bic Pen. Awesome.

In other news, the Fear net panel for Fear Clinic starring Robert Englund probably the best panel of the day. Why? full of passionate people and well thought out answers. It couldn't be avoided, someone did bring up the proverbial elephant in the room, how does he feel about the slated remake of Nightmare On Elm Street? Englund's answer cleared up any rumours that might be circulating of unfriendly fires towards the remake, he summed it up as it's "show business." Also adding that he respected the new Freddy, Jackie Haley.

Before I round off this very random blog, let's close it as if you've never gone to a Klingon Lifestyles Presentation, you don't know what you're missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment