Thursday, April 8, 2010

I wouldn't call you 'desperate' to your face.

I was waiting for a topic to spur me to write and then this lovely gem, landed in my lap (no pun intended hurr hurr). Kiely Williams of 3LW fame and a modicum of actual success, released this video "Spectacular" not too long ago and all I can say is "Wow, strippers are really going to have to pick up those office temp jobs?"

With pop stars getting increasingly explicit, where is the line anymore? What is the line anymore?

It would be even a smidgen okay dokay hooray if this song had artistic merit and Williams was going on a subversive angle about the commodification of women's bodies, but I would be mistaken.

And yes, if your career is sagging ...pull out the sex card. But, do it with a least a nudge nudge wink wink, because even Britney's "Gimme More" had some kind of "This is a train wreck" waiting to happen slant. Williams looks desperate and lyrics like "Blowing my back out"....so much for "mystery."
It's a sad state of affairs for pop music.

What. The. Hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment